Our first meeting of 2017 will look at how Facilities Managers in voluntary organisations can to ‘add value’ to their charities.
Our first meeting of 2017 looked at how Facilities Managers in voluntary organisations can to ‘add value’ to their charities.
2.00 p.m. - Arrivals, introductions
2.15 - AV at the IET
We are meeting at the HQ of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) in Savoy Place in Central London. The IET recently completed a highly successful £30 million pound refurbishment of this site.
A key part of the project involved installing a sophisticated It and av ystem for use by IET members and for hosting high-quality events.
The site now has extensive audiovisual, multimedia, electroacoustic and IT systems. Lecture theatres and meeting rooms feature state-of-the-art AV facilities including -
- • facilities for event filming, live streaming and production
- • High Definition display screens in all rooms
- • Capacity to send video and audio signals from any room to any room with the ability to link two lecture theatres together.
- • Streaming facilities and HD video conferencing services using the latest Polycom systems
- • 3 phase power in key event spaces
- • an In-house AV team, and venue hire packages that include a dedicated technician for events
The brains behind the design and installation was the company Recursive AV (www.recursiveav.co.uk). MD David Yates will give an overview of the project.
2:45 p.m. Developing a property strategy PLUS: 2017 Rates changes - possible implications for charities
Patrick Downes and Steve Pozerskis
Bruton Knowles is a national property consultancy that works with many charity clients. Their expertise ranges from making the most of land and property assets, to managing property, to analysing relevant legislation, including the provisions of the Charities Act and dealing with the Charity Commission. Their presentation is available here.
3:15 p.m. Round-table discussion: Environmental impact reporting
Organisations are increasingly being asked to report on their environmental performance in their annual reports. Topics such as energy use and costs, building performance, travel, etc., all fall with in the remit of facilities management.
Government guidance on environmental reporting suggests
- developing and report at least 3 KPIs associated with key environmental impacts.
- outlining actions to improve performance
- reporting on outcomes year on year
Does your charity do this? Do you decide on the KPIs? Do you compile the reports? Are you accountable for the results?
4.30 p.m. - Close
This meeting was hosted by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).